Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Mentor

Recently Chauncey Billups was said to be serving as a mentor to J.R. Smith, and I think that is great. I have been a Chauncey Billups fans for quite a while now, even before he became a Piston, and helped build them win a championship. To me Chauncey has a very calm demeanor and seems to be in control. He is definitely the type of person that young people can learn from both on and off the court.

As you may know Chauncey's career started out differently than he expected. He was a high draft pick and did not seem to be living up to the expectations of the team that drafted him. He was traded a couple times before being named Finals MVP. What it shows me and I hope others is that you must maintain confidence in yourself and your abilities throughout adverse time. Chauncey was able to do that and now he wants to pass along that and other knowledge to J.R. in an attempt to help his current teammate reach his potential.

J.R. is loaded with talent and I believe he will learn and improve this year. The Denver Nuggets are in good hands with Chauncey at the helm, and J.R. could not have a better mentor, in my opinion.

Michael Beasley

Michael your life is worth more than any game, any rebound, or any basket. While I enjoy your skills on the court, please take whatever time is needed to repair your life. When you get things under control, then and only then come back.

Please say a prayer for Michael Beasley. This young man is very very talented and seems to be crying out for help with drugs and depression.

No comments:

Post a Comment