Friday, November 5, 2010

Fixing the Detroit Pistons

After a few months off basketball is back, and so am I. I have been watching, reading and learning about as much as I can to write from a better perspective.

My favorite team The Detroit Pistons is off to a very slow start and it looks as if it will be a long season. From where I sit they have no chemistry, they don't seem to be cohesive enough to battle "together" down the stretch of close games. I don't know for sure because I have never been a coach or player in the NBA, but it looks like they are not on the same page. To me they don't look like they are having fun together. It looks like they are simply going through the motions. There is only one way to fix the problem in my estimation is a trade or two. Yeah I know trades during the season are difficult to pull off and it is tough to build chemistry as well, but a change it needed.

First, I would begin to explore a deal involving Tayshaun to LA Clippers for Chris Kaman. This would allow Tayshaun to go home to Cali, and bring us the Michigan native and center we haven't had for years. Secondly, I would explore trading Rodney Stuckey. I have never felt comfortable with him running the point. I would look at someone that has not had the opportunity like Acie Law. I would also explore trades involving Rip Hamilton to Denver and Jason Maxiel for the rights to Jerome Jordan. A few new faces could really help them begin the turnaround they need. 

No comments:

Post a Comment