Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Nothing Better

March Madness, need I say more. The best tournament on the planet makes this time of year special. This year I didn't take the time to fill out a bracket simply because I was to uncertain about many of the teams. I know that I would not have selected VCU or Butler to make the final four, which isn't meant as a slight to either program. I simply didn't know enough about them to place them in the final four.

What is it about the tournament that makes it so special? I have to agree with a friend that said it is the format of the tournament that makes it special. Single Elimination! One bad night and you are heading home. Teams must not over look anyone or they will be gone.

Also there is an opportunity to see players and teams that you possibly haven't seen. My cousin hadn't seen Jimmer Fredette and called after he dropped a long bomb on Florida telling me I was right about him. Kemba Walker, Derrick Williams along with Butler and VCU made me want to spend more time in front of the television. For me sports wise as much as I love college football, and games leading up to the Super Bowl there is nothing better than the NCAA Basketball Tournament.

No comments:

Post a Comment