Monday, June 29, 2009

Hindsight

We have all heard the phrase hindsight is 20/20 right? Looking back that phrase is definitely true, and things are crystal clear now.

I remember Shaq and Kobe winning their last championship together, and thinking this is not even fair. The two of them are so young and could challenge the Bull 6 championships in 8 years record. They could even be a part of the team that goes 73-9 to eclipse the Bulls record for wins in a season.

I remember also thinking my Pistons were in trouble going against an all-star laden Lakers team in 2004. Yeah, Rasheed made the guarantee in Indianapolis and backed it up, because of “The Block”. Chauncey, Rip, Tay, Ben and the rest of fellas were balling that year, but this was the Lakers with possibly four hall of famers, plus a hall of fame coach.

When I was sure Dwayne Wade would be chosen to wear the Red, White, and Blue with the second pick in the draft. He would be chosen for the body of work he had done in college, and would come and form the second best trio of guards in Piston History.

As you can see I have been wrong a time or two. Looking back, it is all too clear to me now. There will be plenty of times in life we are found to be wrong, but it is what you do after that makes the difference.

So I have decided after watching the 2009 NBA draft unfold, that I will take a wait and see attitude. I will wait and see if all the trades and draft choices that I thought were wrong actually turn out to be correct. I had to take off my general manager hat and just be a fan without a voice or an opinion.

That is the hard part, to just sit back and let the professionals do the job they are paid to do. But I know so much and my help could be beneficial to them, I think. But time and again my opinion is left floating in space unheard, even after screaming my advice as loud as I could at the television.

Ricky Rubio, then Johnny Flynn, and Ty Lawson too, what are you doing? DeJuan Blair second round? Oh well, I guess there is always next year. Just wait and see, that is what I have to remind myself time and again.

No comments:

Post a Comment