Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Letter to LeBron

Dear LeBron,

As a fan I can't help but be interested in your career. You seem to be a great young man with enormous talent. I miss the LeBron's this season and hope they make a return. But, my concern is free agency and what that could mean for you.

For several years my friends and I made at least one trip per season to Cleveland from the great State of Michigan to enjoy a weekend that featured the Cavaliers. It has come to my attention that you could become a free agent next year and decide to play elsewhere.

This is where I come in to bring light to what could be a dark situation. You are currently enjoying the dream of playing in your home state, not far from where you grew up in Akron. There is no need to leave now or later in your career. Cleveland is where you belong, unless you would like to move up north a bit. Seriously, you have to do what is best for you and I fully understand that. But, what is best for you is Cleveland and that also happens to be great for me.

Cleveland is but a 2 1/2 hour trip south from my house to the Q, barring a stop by Ohio's finest that is. I've seen the transformation in Cleveland since you arrived. My first trip down was for Michael Jordan's last game at Gund Arena, and for that game my friends and I could have sat courtside. Tickets courtside would have been great, however we chose a different option that provided for more excitement. In contrast, for our last trip there we were sitting up near the catwalk, pretty much a step from the roof. But the excitement was great, you put on a show that night. But of course we are hoping for better seats next time. Please put in a good word with the ticket people for me.

Cleveland is where you belong and I just don't think you should even consider going anywhere else. That is unless of course you want to wear Red, White and Blue. Just a thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment