Wednesday, October 28, 2009

White House Basketball

I opened the mailbox and in among the bills was a letter from The White House. My first thought was what had I done? Knowing I hadn't done anything to warrant a reprimand from the president I proceeded to open the letter.

Dear Brian,

Thank you for sending me your book, I really appreciate it. Your message is one that I hope parents, teachers, preachers and everyone in the community will share with our young people.

For your kindness I would to invite you and a couple of your closest friends to the White House to play ball with me.

yada, yada, yada,

Sincerely,
President Barack Obama

My thoughts immediately were who would I take? Could they clear security? My brother was in for sure, but who else.

That is all I remember the rest is only a blur. But somehow me and my guests ended up at the White House. After clearing security we were taken to change and meet the president for a pick up game. Following security, I could hear the sound of the ball pounding the court. As we walked in I saw President Obama shooting a jumper. It went in and he came over to meet our group.

After introductions it was time to hoop. We chose teams and started to play. The game was going well and I was shooting like Ray Allen. Game point and my team had the ball. I ran from one side to the other, through a screen and got the pass and let it go. As it left my hand I yelled "Good" knowing it was headed for the bottom of the net. Sure enough it went it and then I woke up.

No comments:

Post a Comment